I was surprised by the information that Dia was discontinued, because
it is an useful tool which I continue to use.

So I looked into dia.

Debian Stretch has dia 0.97.3+git20160930-6, which was uploaded at 23
May 2017.

The package's metadata points at the project's homepage at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia

However, the homepage mentions that version 0.97.2 is the last released
one, and it was released at 18 Dec 2011.
I looked for the development version at
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia/Development
and tried to execute 'git clone git://git.gnome.org/dia' but it failed
claiming no route to the host, even though 'ping git.gnome.org' works.
I tried numeric IP address, and it did not work as well.

Going via Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_(software)) led
me to: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia/
and then 'git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia.git' was
successful.

According to git log, the most recent real update is from 22 Jun 2017.

Conclusion: Dia is still being maintained, even if only on the
translations front.

--- Omer Zak

--
"Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by
looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it

They do not represent the official policy of any organization with
which I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at https://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html