Hello Greg,

Thanks for you your reply.
It help me to better express my question

From the application I can access /proc/self/maps and see which memory is
mapped  for my library I do not intend to use after application passes init
phase.
I would like to unmap this memory region, but since I do not have file
descriptor for this so I can not do this.
Only kernel can unmap this memory for me,
I am willing to pass library name or address to system cal, but IMHO such
system call does not exist.
Should I rely on memory manager which will use reuse this pages because they
will never page faulted back ?

I am afraid that since this is C++ lib, some pages are modified and will not be
considered clean ?

Thanks again for your precious time.
Perhaps somebody from the list can respond too.

Thank you all
Lev