Another approach (being you know the future IP address of your
server), is to pass the IPaddr via a boot param, or better yet, use a
kickstart file to fully automate everything else in the installation.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/installation_guide/s1-kickstart2-options

network --bootproto=static --ip=10.0.2.15 --netmask=255.255.255.0
 --gateway=10.0.2.254 --nameserver=10.0.2.1

--
Guy

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 2:37 PM Eden Adogla <eden.ado...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another approach would be to update hook into the dhclient.d system like
> Shimi suggested and then edit the appropriate ifcfg-<interface-name> scripts
> found at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to hardcode the configs and then
> restart the interface. Such a change will guarantee that the config persists
> after boot.
>
> Cheers,
> Eden.
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 10:03 AM shimi <linux...@shimi.net> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 4:26 PM David Cohen <cdavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm looking for an automated way to convert the DHCP address a server gets
>>> during installation to a static IP configuration.
>>> I have fixed leases so no future conflict is expected.
>>> Is there a ready to use cli tool/script for CentOS 7 ?
>>>

>> I don't know of an existing solution, however, you can probably throw a bash
>> script to /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d/whatever.sh, and in it take the DHCP data
>> stored in the variables:
>> $interface $new_ip_address $new_subnet_mask $new_routers
>> $new_dhcp_lease_time $new_domain_name_servers
>>
>> and use them in nmcli commands to alter the existing connection to a static
>> one with those settings, e.g. something along the lines of:
>>
>> nmcli con mod "$connection" ipv4.addresses
>> $new_ip_address/$new_subnet_mask(may need to convert to CIDR?) gw4
>> $new_routers
>> nmcli con mod "$connection" ipv4.method manual
>> nmcli dev disconnect "$connection"
>> nmcli -w 10 dev connect "$connection"
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> -- Shimi