On 12/03/2021 12:34, borissh1...@gmail.com wrote:

Would it be possible to monitor both dbus messages (system and user) AND Xsession errors while you do so ?

Yes, that provided some progress. At least I can tell the name of the component that triggers the shutdown. The session dbus monitor says:

signal time=1615549109.464622 sender=:1.13 -> destination=(null destination) serial=832 path=/component/org_kde_powerdevil; interface=org.kde.kglobalaccel.Component; member=globalShortcutPressed
   string "org_kde_powerdevil"
   string "PowerOff"
   int64 6630990

I'm not 100% sure what that means. It seems that powerdevil thinks that someone pressed the power button. More research necessary, but at least we're finally getting a log admitting _something_ happened.