Subject: Re: [LIH] X windows on win95 desktop
From: Shridhar Daithankar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 17:00:04 -0400

Hi 

 I don't think you can do it. Because it will search for mouse and all. That's
the reason you can not run 'startx' remotely, even though you can run
indivisual apps.

 Bye
  Shridhar

 On Fri, 06 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> I have installed RH linux 6.2 on my server and configured the X perfectly
> well witH gnome window manager. However, I am unable to get X login window
> on my Win95 machine over the network (I am using Exceed X server on win 95).
> It is possible to telnet the Linux box as well as connect to apache (http)
> server on the linux. I have read the xdm / XDMCP man pages but could not
> find a clue as to why this is not working.
> 

----------------------------------------------
LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created
for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
this list will result in stern action.