Hmmm I just discovered that my filesystem got fairly corrupted with
2.4.0-test7 proper. It has been up for 5 days nonstop and there was
no problems. I have decided to shut it down only to discover that
contest of /sbin directory is pretty much a soup.

went back to 2.4.0-test7-pre2 and it seems be fine so far.

I'm not sure what exactly caused it it might have something to do w/
me using vfat shortly before attemtping to shut it down.

I believe I also got some warnings in dmesg like

        init_special_inode: bogus inode

but not sure if they were related to the corruption itself.

--
Adam
http://www.eax.com      The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers