On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> You do not understand the nature of what the test can generate.
> We can decode the sweep pattern now.
>
> Instead of 0->End of drive.
>
> PlatterOD->PlatterID top
> PlatterOD->PlatterID bottom.
>
> This will get us zone-profiles an determine where the sweet spots are on
> a given disk are and make a record.  We whould reload the profile of the
> drive at INIT.
>
> Will explain more later, I have my two-year old in my lap asleep.

So care for him/her and don't wake him/her up ;)

Are you aware that - for DOS and Win9x - there is a similar project,
closed-source, but free for personal use, by the German Heise publishing
company?

It's called h2bench and available at ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/,
comes with German, Dutch and English documentation.

Also, how does your software relate to ZCAV by Russell Coker?
See http://www.coker.com.au/zcav/
and http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/

--
Matthias Andree