On 2015/10/22 3:17, Luck, Tony wrote:
+       if (reliable_kernelcore) {
+               for_each_memblock(memory, r) {
+                       if (memblock_is_mirror(r))
+                               continue;

Should we have a safety check here that there is some mirrored memory?  If you
give
the kernelcore=reliable option on a machine which doesn't have any mirror
configured,
then we'll mark all memory as removable.

You're right.

What happens then?  Do kernel allocations fail?  Or do they fall back to using
removable memory?

Maybe the kernel cannot boot because NORMAL zone is empty.

Is there a /proc or /sys file that shows the current counts for the removable
zone?  I just
tried this patch with a high percentage of memory marked as mirror ... but I'd
like to see
how much is actually being used to tune things a bit.

I think /proc/zoneinfo can show detailed numbers per zone. Do we need some for
meminfo ?

Thanks,
-Kame