On 1/24/07, Lionel Landwerlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le mardi 23 janvier 2007 à 16:30 -0500, Len Brown a écrit :
> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 07:27, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
> > Le mardi 23 janvier 2007 à 17:22 +0800, Luming Yu a écrit :
> > > Please try to remove processor module.
> >
> > Ok, that's done. Same problem.
>
> any difference with "idle=poll"?
> if yes, how about "idle=halt"?

idle=poll seems to fix the problem (cpu fan is running almost at full
speed). Maybe I should run a longer test... For now it consists to run
about 15 torrents and watching HDTV through ethernet device.

idle=halt does not :

It sounds like issues relative to Processor C state.
Please enter a bug in ACPI category on bugzilla.kernel.org