Patrick Ale wrote:
Hi chaps,

I just came home, rebooted my box to git8 and *gasp* a problem :)

I can't start my MD devices anymore by defining /dev/disk/by-id/*
devices in /etc/mdadm.conf.

When I do a: mdadm --assemble /dev/md/1 it tells me "No devices found
for /dev/md/1"
When I edit the file /etc/mdadm.conf and change the /dev/disk/by-id/*
to whatever the symbolic links points to in the /dev directory, it
does work.

Just out of curiosity, why did you do this in such a manual way instead of just using the UUID? I would think every time you replace a failed drive you would have to go edit the files all over again.

--
Bill Davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>