On 08/16/2016 08:52 AM, Christoph Lameter wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016, Joonsoo Kim wrote:

In SLUB, nr_slabs is manipulated without holding a lock so atomic
operation should be used.

It could be moved under the node lock.

Christoph, Joonsoo,

I agree that nr_slabs could be common between SLAB and SLUB, but I think that should be a separate patch, since converting nr_slabs to unsigned long for SLUB will cause quite a bit of change in mm/slub.c that is not related to adding counters to SLAB.

I'll send out an updated slab counters patch with Joonsoo's suggested fix tomorrow (nr_slabs will be unsigned long for SLAB only, and there will be a separate definition for SLUB), and once that's in, I'll create a new patch that makes nr_slabs common for SLAB and SLUB, and also converts total_objects to unsigned long. Maybe it can include some more cleanup too. Does that sound acceptable?

Thanks,
Aruna