On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:05:11PM +1000, Trent Waddington wrote:
 > On 2/15/07, Xavier Bestel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > > But that's not the case with VJ's drivers, which are apparently solely
 > > for linux, so should be distributed under the GPL.
 >
 > In any case, you're free to use any driver, regardless of license..
 > copyright does not cover use, only "copying" and most, if not all,
 > jurisdictions make it clear that "copying into memory" is not a
 > copyright matter.

One area that is clear however is distribution of the result.
You're free to do whatever you want to my code as long as it
never leaves your computer.  As soon as you give it to someone else,
you're bound by the conditions of the license to give copies
of the modified source.

                Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk