On Feb 16, 2007, at 4:23 AM, Roman Zippel wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Kumar Gala wrote:

I was wondering if there was some way to make a Kconfig menu either be just a
menu or a choice depending on another bool being set or not.

What I'm trying to accomplish is if CONFIG_ONLY_HAVE_ONE is set I want it so you can only select on option, however if CONFIG_ONLY_HAVE_ONE is not set you
should be able to select multiple options.

Could you please be more specific about the problem you're trying to
solve, instead of how you're trying to solve it?
A real example would help a lot to understand the actual problem.

Sure, on powerpc for some of the embedded sub-architectures you can only select a single board to build for. For a lot of people this is sufficient, however we are moving towards a world where you can easily build in support for multiple boards into a single kernel.

I'd like to have it such that if I'm only building support for one board (CONFIG_ONLY_HAVE_ONE, not going to call it that, but for this discussion its sufficient), you get a choice menu from Kconfig enforcing the ability to only select one board. However if ! CONFIG_ONLY_HAVE_ONE than you can select multiple boards to build into your kernel.

if CONFIG_ONLY_HAVE_ONE is set we can optimize out the runtime checks that get added for handling the multiple board case.

Hopefully that's clear.

- k