> From: "Michael K. Edwards"
> Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
> Subject: Re: GPL vs non-GPL device drivers
> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:56:00 -0800
[]
> How are you going to like being forced to fork the entire GNU corpus in
> whatever state it's in the day before the v3 conversion hits SVN?  Xorg
> is going to look like a cakewalk by comparison.

Don't worry, just help ;)

Ulrich Drepper is known to be against current FSF's position on glibc
licence changing.

Linus Torvalds has wrote sparse, which got it's maintainer. Maybe Google,
if it will, will do some job(backend) to get GCS (Google Compiling
Serivice ;), no need in compiler here (tm;).

Jeff Garzik doing his POSIX utilites.

There are many other alternatives to GNU software, and they are working
and being maintained, being "nongnu.org" or in their open source zoos,
rather than in savannah(.gnu.org (:

- dash / busybox (rip GNU bash)
- builders (many, rip GNU make)
- s-lang lib (rip GNU ncurses)
- jed, Xemacs (rip GNU Emacs)

After making live alternative to GNU software, you may *say* and *do*
everything you like against it. Indeed, i think Linux Kernel club is one
of such creatures (not with bull's head ;)

So, as you can see it's OK. Just grab your "non-GNU-Emacs" and join
the club!

Cheers.

p.s. i can be very naive, of course.
--
-o--=O`C  info emacs : not found  /. .\ ( is there any reason to live? )
 #oo'L O  info make  : not found      o (    yes --- R.I.P. FSF+RMS    )