Le mardi 20 septembre 2016 à 18:41 +0100, Jon Hunter a écrit :
> On 28/08/16 18:32, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> >
> > Depthcharge (the payload used with cros devices) will attempt to detect
> > boards using their revision. This includes all the known revisions for
> > the nyan-big board so that the dtb can be selected preferably.
>
> May be I am missing something here, but for the mainline there is only
> one dtb available and so why is this needed for the mainline?

There is indeed a single dts in mainline, but depthcharge will use the revision
to match the compatible string (e.g. it will look for google,nyan-big-rev5, not
google,nyan-big), so we need to list them all in that single dts. Otherwise,
depthcharge will fall back to the default config, which may or may not be
suitable for nyan.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of low-level free software for embedded devices

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/