On 09/19/2016 06:21 PM, Daniel Mentz wrote:
> I confirmed that the .eh_frame section is present and that the
> .debug_frame section is absent. I also verified that the file size of
> the .ko files are small enough for our embedded platform and that
> unnecessary sections like .debug_info, .debug_line, .debug_str etc.
> are also absent.
BTW it seems with my latest set of patches, modules still have .debug_*.
Can you double check if your tree still has the interim patch which added a
script for modules to strip out .debug_*
I'm not planning to carry it and would prefer addressing the the root cause by
removing the -gdwarf-2 toggle. I've added that and pushed rebased series. Care
take it for a respin please.