On 12.10.2016 15:53, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, Marcin Nowakowski wrote:
- * Because ia32 syscalls do not map to x86_64 syscall numbers
- * this screws up the trace output when tracing a ia32 task.
- * Instead of reporting bogus syscalls, just do not trace them.
- * If the user really wants these, then they should use the
- * raw syscall tracepoints with filtering.
Why aren't you moving this information to the new place? It's valuable.
Well - much of this information is no longer true as with these fixes
tracing can work properly, but I can keep a note clarifying that the
numbers are mapped differently and why arch_syscall_addr() needs the
sort of handling it does.