it's always easier to retrieve these information in bug reports when
it is always printed in the dmesg.
Signed-off-by: Benjamin Tissoires <benjamin.tissoi...@redhat.com>
changes in v2:
- split the version information message and the touchpad characteristics
- keep sending the versions as info (on one line)
- send the characteristics on debug only
This is a respin of one of the patches I sent for elan_i2c. Given that you
applied the fixed one for SMBus and that I don't currently have a way to
check from I2C if the trackstick is going to be used, this one is the only
one left (also given SMBus Host Notify might meld into client->irq).
So, well, yes, there it comes, a single patch which IMO is useful
when we receive bug reports.
drivers/input/mouse/elan_i2c_core.c | 17 ++++++++---------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/input/mouse/elan_i2c_core.c
index d15b338..dc7c94d 100644
@@ -1093,19 +1093,18 @@ static int elan_probe(struct i2c_client *client,
+ "Elan Touchpad: Module ID: 0x%04x, Firmware: 0x%04x, Sample:
0x%04x, IAP: 0x%04x\n",
- "Elan Touchpad Information:\n"
- " Module product ID: 0x%04x\n"
- " Firmware Version: 0x%04x\n"
- " Sample Version: 0x%04x\n"
- " IAP Version: 0x%04x\n"
+ "Elan Touchpad Extra Information:\n"
" Max ABS X,Y: %d,%d\n"
" Width X,Y: %d,%d\n"
" Resolution X,Y: %d,%d (dots/mm)\n",