Sorry David, I just noticed you weren't in the "To:" of this serie, but I won't
forget you for the v3 I need to release anyway
(https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/10/15/104).

Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarz...@free.fr> writes:
> +     lp->half_word_align4 =
> +             machine_is_mainstone() || machine_is_stargate2() ||
> +             machine_is_pxa_idp();

Bah this one is not good enough.

First, machine_is_*() is not defined if CONFIG_ARM=n, and this part is not under
a #ifdef CONFIG_ARM.

Moreover, I think it is a good occasion to go further, and :
 - enhance smc91x_platdata and add a pxa_u16_align4 boolean
 - transform this statement into :
        lp->half_word_align4 = lp->cfg.pxa_u16_align4

This will remove the machine_*() calls from the smc91x driver, which looks a
good move, doesn't it ?

Cheers.

--
Robert