The kthread worker API enhancements are in 4.9-rc1. Therefore
we could finally convert the intel_powerclamp kthreads to it.

The API hides a rather tricky code for the sleeping, freezing,
and exiting checks. It should help to avoid races and maintain
these operations.

Sebastian asked me to send also the conversion to the new
CPU hotplug state machine on top of the kthread conversion.

I have tested this on top of 4.9-rc1. But I needed to add
("sched/fair: Fix sched domains NULL deference in select_idle_sibling()")
from linux-tip, see
Otherwise, the CPU hotplug failed very often.

Petr Mladek (2):
  thermal/intel_powerclamp: Remove duplicated code that starts the
  thermal/intel_powerclamp: Convert the kthread to kthread worker API

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior (1):
  thermal/intel_powerclamp: Convert to CPU hotplug state

 drivers/thermal/intel_powerclamp.c | 374 +++++++++++++++++++++----------------