Jeff V. Merkey writes:
 > There was also an issue relative to how sendmail is interpreting load
 > average on a linux box.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] pointed out that perhaps you
 > are not factoring sleeping processes, which Linux does -- a deviation
 > from BSD's interpretation of load average.

At worst it's an issue with how Linux presents load average, not with
how sendmail interprets it -- sendmail believes what the kernel tells
it.  And from the sound of it, it's not even Linux's fault -- your box
has a high load average because it's got a lot of runnable processes.

 > With a handle like
 > "Assmann", deviation is proably something you already understand quite
 > well ...

Don't be a moron.  Claus is German, Assman really is his last name and
not some "handle", and it's pronounced "Oss-man".

I'm sure we could make plenty of stupid puns with "Merkey" too.