Am Samstag, 11. November 2000 01:40 schrieb Greg KH:

>> I'm using an SMP system. Everything works fine and (absolutely) stable -
>> exept my USB mouse :-( It's the USB version of the Wacom Graphire tablet.
>> The mouse works great for some minutes or up to half an hour and it
>> generates a lot of interrupts during this time ... And now the mouse stops
>> working. No interrupt is generated. The USB printer does not work any
>> more. Unloading and reloading of the USB related modules does not help :-(
>> No interrupts are registered for USB (seen in /proc/interrupts).

> What is the output of /proc/interrupts?  Is USB sharing an interrupt
> with anything else?

Here it is:

           CPU0       CPU1
  0:      48988      28737    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:        457        276    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  7:          2          0    IO-APIC-edge  parport0
  8:          0          2    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:       1085        968    IO-APIC-edge  HiSax
 13:          0          0          XT-PIC  fpu
 16:         11         10   IO-APIC-level  aic7xxx
 18:      14845      14797   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci
 19:       2982       3028   IO-APIC-level  aic7xxx
NMI:      77639      77638
LOC:      77623      77619
ERR:          1

I have a PCI USB board with a uhci compliant (I hope so) VIA chip.

Gerald