Hi Andrey,

On Di, 2016-11-29 at 10:01 +0000, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:28:19PM +0100, Manuel Schölling wrote:
> Regarding logout scrollback clearing not working for me. ncurses-6.0-rc1
> which I tested it with is the latest available in Gentoo portage, please
> confirm whether I need any newer version, or should I tune something
> else. I'd appreciate if you also tested your patch with gentoo setup.

I finally setup gentoo running agetty (util-linux-2.26.2) and patching
the file term-utils/agetty.c with

static void termio_clear(int fd)
{
        /*
         * Do not write a full reset (ESC c) because this destroys
         * the unicode mode again if the terminal was in unicode
         * mode.  Also it clears the CONSOLE_MAGIC features which
         * are required for some languages/console-fonts.
         * Just put the cursor to the home position (ESC [ H),
         * erase everything below the cursor (ESC [ J), and set the
         * scrolling region to the full window (ESC [ r)
         */
-       write_all(fd, "\033[r\033[H\033[J", 9);
+       write_all(fd, "\033[3J\033[r\033[H\033[J", 13);
}

solves the issue with the scrollback buffer after log out.
Let me know if you agree that this is the right way to go and I will
send a patch to the maintainer of util-linux.

Thanks again for spending all this time to test the patch!

Have a good weekend!

Manuel