On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 03:39:48PM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> Here's another stab at this writeup.  I'd appreciate any comments!
>
> Changes from v1 to v2:
>   - Consumer/Producer is defined for Extended Address Space descriptors;
>     should be ignored for QWord/DWord/Word Address Space descriptors
>   - New arches may use Extended Address Space descriptors in PNP0A03 for
>     bridge registers, including ECAM (if the arch adds support for this)
>   - Add more details about MCFG and _CBA (Lv's suggestion)
>   - Incorporate Rafael's suggestions
>
> ---
>
> Bjorn Helgaas (1):
>       PCI: Add information about describing PCI in ACPI
>

>  Documentation/PCI/00-INDEX      |    2
>  Documentation/PCI/acpi-info.txt |  180
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  2 files changed, 182 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/PCI/acpi-info.txt

It's very late in the cycle, but I'm considering trying to squeeze
this into v4.9 on the grounds that:

  - It's only a documentation change and can't break anything, and

  - Distributing it more widely may help the arm64 firmware ecosystem

But I don't want to disseminate misleading or incorrect information,
so if it needs clarification or wordsmithing, or even just maturation,
I'll wait until v4.10.

The Consumer/Producer stuff, in particular, doesn't seem 100% settled
yet.  Your thoughts, and especially your improvements, are welcome!

Bjorn