On 12/01/2016 10:02 PM, Michal Nazarewicz wrote:
On Thu, Dec 01 2016, Michal Hocko wrote:
I am not familiar with this code so I cannot really argue but a quick
look at rmem_cma_setup doesn't suggest any speicific placing or
anything...

early_cma parses ‘cma’ command line argument which can specify where
exactly the default CMA area is to be located.  Furthermore, CMA areas
can be assigned per-device (via the Device Tree IIRC).

OK, but the context of this bug report is a generic cma pool and generic dma alloc, which tries cma first and then fallback to alloc_pages_node(). If a device really requires specific placing as you suggest, then it probably uses a different allocation interface, otherwise there would be some flag to disallow the alloc_pages_node() fallback?