On 01/16/2017 02:22 PM, Vlastimil Babka wrote:

>>>  no_zone:
>>> --
>>> 2.11.0
>>>

>> this patch did not fix the issue.
>> issue still exists!
>
> Hmm, that's unfortunate.
>
>> i did bisect and this test passes in 4.4,4.5 and 4.6
>> test failing since 4.7-rc1
>
> 4.7 would match the commit I was trying to fix. But I don't see other
> problems now. Could you bisect to a single commit then, to be sure? Thanks.

Ah, nevermind, I can reproduce the issue easily. After some more poking
I now think the bisect would lead to the OOM rework, but it would be a
red herring. Seems like this is an interaction between bind mempolicy
and cpuset and I see several potential bugs in that area. Which also
means there's a non-null nodemask and thus the code in the commit I
originally suspected (replacing NULL nodemask with cpuset's
mems_allowed) doesn't trigger at all here.

Thanks,
Vlastimil