On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 22:15 +0800, Cong WANG wrote:
[...]
> Another question is about NULL. AFAIK, in user space, using NULL is
> better than directly using 0 in C. In kernel, I know it used its own
> NULL, which may be defined as ((void*)0),

Userspace has the usually same definition.

>                                           but it's _still_ different
> from raw zero.

It is different that "0" as such has the type "int". But this int is
automatically promoted to a "0 pointer".

>                So can I say using NULL is better than 0 in kernel?

Yes, because it is immediately clear that a pointer is (or should be)
there (and not an int).
And the same holds for userspace since this is a pure C question.

        Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services