On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:24:02PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> So if some userspace component depends on that particular msr header
> (which, unlike ipt_SAME, was not intended for export), is it not
> reasonable to expect them to make a copy if and when they need it?

Yeah, either copy the whole header or better yet use own defines.
Especially in this particular case, where we have a bunch of MSRs which
are in the processor manuals. Exporting the defines is pretty pointless
and even disadvantageous for the kernel.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.