On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:12:20AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

 > > 65535 characters? Are you for real?
 > > Stop and think about just how big that is. If you have to create
 > > a boot command line that long, you have serious, serious issues.
 >
 > Well, it is about the same size as my .config...

So? That has *nothing* to do with the boot command line

 > I agree we are unlikely to hit it any time soon... I could imagine
 > some (ab)uses, like fixed_acpi_bios=<lots of hex digits>, but those
 > are ugly.

That's beyond ugly, and rapidly heading towards 'loony'.

 > I could also imagine some uses where entire embedded machine
 > is described at kernel commandline.

There are far better ways to get configuration into the kernel
than the boot command line.

Anyways, I'm tired of arguing for the sake of arguing.
I really could care less.

        Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk