Comments related to list of pages in the ring buffer seem to be incorrect.
This patch corrects them.
Signed-off-by: Joel Fernandes <joe...@google.com>
kernel/trace/trace.c | 10 +++++-----
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/kernel/trace/trace.c b/kernel/trace/trace.c
index d7449783987a..94d508c08c7e 100644
@@ -262,11 +262,11 @@ unsigned long long ns2usecs(u64 nsec)
* The global_trace is the descriptor that holds the tracing
* buffers for the live tracing. For each CPU, it contains
- * a link list of pages that will store trace entries. The
- * page descriptor of the pages in the memory is used to hold
- * the link list by linking the lru item in the page descriptor
- * to each of the pages in the buffer per CPU.
+ * a link list of pages that will store trace entries.
+ * Each page is wrapped by a buffer_page descriptor which contains
+ * a list element used to hold the list of pages by linking with
+ * other list elements of other buffer_page descriptors (for each
+ * of the pages) in the ring buffer per CPU.
* For each active CPU there is a data field that holds the
* pages for the buffer for that CPU. Each CPU has the same number
* of pages allocated for its buffer.