On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:01:18AM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017, Mike Galbraith wrote:

> > > Well, it's a per cpu lock and the lru_cache_add() variants might be called
> > > from a gazillion of different call chains, but yes, it does not make a lot
> > > of sense. We'll have a look.
> >
> > Adding explicit local_irq_lock_init() makes things heaps better, so
> > presumably we need better lockdep-foo in DEFINE_LOCAL_IRQ_LOCK().
>
> Bah.

#ifdef CONFIG_DEBUG_LOCK_ALLOC
#define PER_CPU_DEP_MAP_INIT(lockname)                          \
        .dep_map = {                                            \
                .key = ({ static struct lock_class_key __key; &__key }), \
                .name = #lockname,                              \
        }
#else
#define PER_CPU_DEP_MAP_INIT(lockname)
#endif

#define DEFINE_LOCAL_IRQ_LOCK(lvar)                             \
        DEFINE_PER_CPU(struct local_irq_lock, lvar) = {         \
                .lock = { .rlock = {                            \
                        .raw_lock = __ARCH_SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED,  \
                        SPIN_DEBUG_INIT(lvar)                   \
                        PER_CPU_DEP_MAP_INIT(lvar)              \
        }

That's fairly horrible for poking inside all the internals, but it might
just work ;-)