On Sun, 2017-04-16 at 08:53 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Just thinking out loud ... I don't have a firm idea or a design. But
> > peer to peer is definitely a problem we need to tackle generically, the
> > demand for it keeps coming up.
>
> ZONE_DEVICE allows you to redirect via get_dev_pagemap() to retrieve
> context about the physical address in question. I'm thinking you can
> hang bus address translation data off of that structure. This seems
> vaguely similar to what HMM is doing.

Ok, that's interesting. That would be a way to handle the "lookup" I
was mentioning in the email I sent a few minutes ago.

We would probably need to put some "structure" to that context.

I'm very short on time to look into the details of this for at least
a month (I'm taking about 3 weeks off for personal reasons next week),
but I'm happy to dive more into this when I'm back and sort out with
Jerome how to make it all co-habitate nicely with HMM.

Cheers,
Ben.