On 3/30/07, Pete Zaitcev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dell people (Stuart and Charles) complained that on some USB keyboards,
if BIOS enables NumLock, it stays on even after Linux has started. Since
we always start with NumLock off, this confuses users. Quick double dab
at NumLock fixes it, but it's not nice.

What I am seeing on my Thinkpad is that when I boot _without_ an USB
keyboard NumLock is enabled. Switching to virtual console and back to
X fixes it which is why I have never bothered to debug it further.
Perhaps this is related? Should I give your patch a spin to see if it
fixes the problem?