On Fri, 19 May 2017 10:20:03 +0200
Christoph Hellwig <h...@lst.de> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:42:34PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> >
> > One of my the configs I use to test ftrace with (configs that have
> > caused failures in the past), has lots of irq issues and fails to
> > initialize the network of my box. I bisected the problem down to a
> > single commit, and when I revert that commit, my box boots without any
> > network or irq issues.
>
> Can send me the /proc/interrupts output for the system?  The commit
> should not have changed behavior and that will narrow down where
> I need to look for an issue.

Sure, here:

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1       CPU2       CPU3
  0:        140          0          0          0   IO-APIC   2-edge      timer
  4:         91          0        190          0   IO-APIC   4-edge      ttyS0
  8:          0          0          1          0   IO-APIC   8-edge      rtc0
  9:          0          0          0          0   IO-APIC   9-fasteoi   acpi
 16:         13        116         42          0   IO-APIC  16-fasteoi
xhci-hcd:usb1, ehci_hcd:usb3, eth2
 19:        329          0       6008        714   IO-APIC  19-fasteoi
ahci[0000:00:1f.2]
 23:          1          0         12          0   IO-APIC  23-fasteoi
ehci_hcd:usb4
NMI:          0          0          0          0   Non-maskable interrupts
LOC:      10443       7996      17600       9457   Local timer interrupts
SPU:          0          0          0          0   Spurious interrupts
PMI:          0          0          0          0   Performance monitoring
interrupts
IWI:          0          0          0          0   IRQ work interrupts
RTR:          1          0          0          0   APIC ICR read retries
RES:       3665       2733       2160       2566   Rescheduling interrupts
CAL:       1796       1806        258       2079   Function call interrupts
TLB:         14         15         30         10   TLB shootdowns
TRM:          0          0          0          0   Thermal event interrupts
THR:          0          0          0          0   Threshold APIC interrupts
DFR:          0          0          0          0   Deferred Error APIC
interrupts
MCE:          0          0          0          0   Machine check exceptions
MCP:          0          0          0          0   Machine check polls
ERR:        130
MIS:          0
PIN:          0          0          0          0   Posted-interrupt
notification event
PIW:          0          0          0          0   Posted-interrupt wakeup event

Just in case this makes a difference:

# cat /proc/cmdline
ro root=/dev/sda7 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYTABLE=us
console=ttyS0,115200 nmi_watchdog=panic earlyprintk=ttyS0,115200
ignore_loglevel selinux=0 crashkernel=128M@256M isocpus=3

-- Steve