On 2017/6/19 23:05, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 6:33 AM, zhong jiang <zhongji...@huawei.com> wrote:
>> On 2017/6/19 12:48, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
>>> It was historically possible to have two concurrent TLB flushes
>>> targeting the same CPU: one initiated locally and one initiated
>>> remotely.  This can now cause an OOPS in leave_mm() at
>>> arch/x86/mm/tlb.c:47:
>>>
>>>         if (this_cpu_read(cpu_tlbstate.state) == TLBSTATE_OK)
>>>                 BUG();
>>>
>>> with this call trace:
>>>  flush_tlb_func_local arch/x86/mm/tlb.c:239 [inline]
>>>  flush_tlb_mm_range+0x26d/0x370 arch/x86/mm/tlb.c:317
>>>
>>> Without reentrancy, this OOPS is impossible: leave_mm() is only
>>> called if we're not in TLBSTATE_OK, but then we're unexpectedly
>>> in TLBSTATE_OK in leave_mm().
>>>
>>> This can be caused by flush_tlb_func_remote() happening between
>>> the two checks and calling leave_mm(), resulting in two consecutive
>>> leave_mm() calls on the same CPU with no intervening switch_mm()
>>> calls.
>>>
>>> We never saw this OOPS before because the old leave_mm()
>>> implementation didn't put us back in TLBSTATE_OK, so the assertion
>>> didn't fire.
>>   HI, Andy
>>
>>   Today, I see same OOPS in linux 3.4 stable. It prove that it indeed has
>> fired.
>>    but It is rarely to appear.  I review the code. I found the a  issue.
>>   when current->mm is NULL,  leave_mm will be called. but  it maybe in
>>   TLBSTATE_OK,  eg: unuse_mm call after task->mm = NULL , but before
>> enter_lazy_tlb.
>>
>>    therefore,  it will fire. is it right?
> Is there a code path that does this?
 eg:

     cpu1                                                          cpu2

    flush_tlb_page                                              unuse_mm
                                                                    current->mm
= NULL

         current->mm == NULL

            leave_mm (cpu_tlbstate.state is TLBSATATE_OK)

enter_lazy_tlb
 I am not sure the above race whether  exist or not. Do you point out the
problem if it is not existence? please

  Thanks
  zhongjiang