> > Sorry for top posting (mobile...)
> > I have verified with system design and the data sheet that every wilink 6/7
> chip has a mac address in fuse so probably the board you have (pretty old,
> right?) has this mac address in fuse. Maybe it was from very early batches?
> Anyway I see no reason to change it.
> > Anyway the calibrator can be used to store a different one into the nvs file
> that will overide it.
>
> Well clearly at least this one does not have any valid hardware
> mac address, the hardware mac address is broken with all zeroes.

Looks like it is not really all zeros but rather 00:00:00:00:00:01.
I wonder if it is just a one board issue or not...

> It seems that you can easily add a check for empty mac address, no?
> And you already showed a version that falls back to a random mac
> address.

Of course I can add a check for this but need to make sure it
is not just one private case.
Do you happen to have another omap3-evm and can check if this is a typical case
For the wilink modules that were assembled on this EVM?
I have not seen another module here that showed this issue and want to make
Sure it is really a common issue before adding additional checks to the kernel.

> The fact that is old does not change a thing, we still need to
> support it no matter what the data sheet and your system design
> says. A fix that breaks other things is not really a fix :)

Sure, just want to make sure we are not trying to add work around just for
A couple of faulty devices.

> > I have verified using a couple of com6 modules with an am335x-evm and
> they had mac addresses read ok.
>
> Sounds like there are multiple variants of the wl12xx
> available then.

I am trying to find out internally if there is a possibility that there were
devices
Produced in the past where the internal fuses were not programmed with a valid
Address before being assembled into the modules.

Best Regards,
Eyal