From: Michal Hocko <mho...@suse.com>
TIF_MEMDIE is set only to the tasks whick were either directly selected
by the OOM killer or passed through mark_oom_victim from the allocator
path. tsk_is_oom_victim is more generic and allows to identify all tasks
(threads) which share the mm with the oom victim.
Please note that the freezer still needs to check TIF_MEMDIE because
we cannot thaw tasks which do not participage in oom_victims counting
otherwise a !TIF_MEMDIE task could interfere after oom_disbale returns.
Changes since v1
- fix implicit declaration of function 'tsk_is_oom_victim' reported by
Signed-off-by: Michal Hocko <mho...@suse.com>
kernel/cgroup/cpuset.c | 9 +++++----
mm/memcontrol.c | 2 +-
2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/kernel/cgroup/cpuset.c b/kernel/cgroup/cpuset.c
index ca8376e5008c..734ae4fa9775 100644
@@ -56,6 +56,7 @@
@@ -2497,12 +2498,12 @@ static struct cpuset *nearest_hardwall_ancestor(struct
* If we're in interrupt, yes, we can always allocate. If @node is set in
* current's mems_allowed, yes. If it's not a __GFP_HARDWALL request and this
* node is set in the nearest hardwalled cpuset ancestor to current's cpuset,
- * yes. If current has access to memory reserves due to TIF_MEMDIE, yes.
+ * yes. If current has access to memory reserves as an oom victim, yes.
* Otherwise, no.
* GFP_USER allocations are marked with the __GFP_HARDWALL bit,
* and do not allow allocations outside the current tasks cpuset
- * unless the task has been OOM killed as is marked TIF_MEMDIE.
+ * unless the task has been OOM killed.
* GFP_KERNEL allocations are not so marked, so can escape to the
* nearest enclosing hardwalled ancestor cpuset.
@@ -2525,7 +2526,7 @@ static struct cpuset *nearest_hardwall_ancestor(struct
* affect that:
* in_interrupt - any node ok (current task context irrelevant)
* GFP_ATOMIC - any node ok
- * TIF_MEMDIE - any node ok
+ * tsk_is_oom_victim - any node ok
* GFP_KERNEL - any node in enclosing hardwalled cpuset ok
* GFP_USER - only nodes in current tasks mems allowed ok.
@@ -2543,7 +2544,7 @@ bool __cpuset_node_allowed(int node, gfp_t gfp_mask)
* Allow tasks that have access to memory reserves because they have
* been OOM killed to get memory anywhere.
- if (unlikely(test_thread_flag(TIF_MEMDIE)))
+ if (unlikely(tsk_is_oom_victim(current)))
if (gfp_mask & __GFP_HARDWALL) /* If hardwall request, stop here */
diff --git a/mm/memcontrol.c b/mm/memcontrol.c
index 544d47e5cbbd..86a48affb938 100644
@@ -1896,7 +1896,7 @@ static int try_charge(struct mem_cgroup *memcg, gfp_t
* bypass the last charges so that they can exit quickly and
* free their memory.
- if (unlikely(test_thread_flag(TIF_MEMDIE) ||
+ if (unlikely(tsk_is_oom_victim(current) ||
current->flags & PF_EXITING))