On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11-08-17 18:32, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>> On 11-08-17 18:02, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> How about adding it to drivers/virt/ then?
>

> That as actually my first choice, but there is only the 1 driver there
> now, so I was thinking that we should move that 1 driver out of there
> and get rid of it actually :)
>
> But as said it was my first choice, so maybe it should go there and then
> over time we can move all the things you've listed there (assuming anyone
> finds the time to do this).
>
> One issues with drivers/virt is no-one is listed for it in MAINTAINERS...

Maybe we could add it to the "CHAR and MISC DRIVERS" section
in the absence of any other subsystem for it, if you want a well-defined
path for where to send patches. Or you could become maintainer
for the directory ;-)

I wouldn't move virtio, hyperv etc here, as they are large enough to be
subsystems of their own, but we could move the vmw_vmci from
drivers/misc to drivers/virt and have three drivers to make up
something of a subsystem. It is already in the "char and misc"
group and has no direct MAINTAINERS entry.

        Arnd