Em Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:24:30 -0600
Jonathan Corbet <cor...@lwn.net> escreveu:

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:10:16 -0700
> Randy Dunlap <rdun...@infradead.org> wrote:
>
> > Fix non-ASCII charactes in kernel-doc comment to prevent the kernel-doc
> > build warning below.
> >
> > WARNING: kernel-doc '../scripts/kernel-doc -rst -enable-lineno
> > ../drivers/media/dvb-core/demux.h' processing failed with: 'ascii' codec
> > can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 6368: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> I'll leave this one for Mauro to decide on.  My inclination would be to
> apply it, though, my previous comments on handling non-ASCII text
> notwithstanding.  The weird quotes don't buy us anything here.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to have this character there.

I'll apply it on my tree. Yet, I'm considering adding an UTF-8
character on a kernel-doc markup.

One DVB parameter is called "Rolloff", and its usual symbol is
the greek letter alpha. There, it would make sense to use a
non-ascII character.

By coincidence, I just wrote such patch earlier today.

Regards,
Mauro