On 19/10/2017 06:18, Tomasz Nowicki wrote:

I'm not at all happy with this specification's attempt to leave out
pieces of information which make parsing things more deterministic. In
this case I'm happy to demote the message level, but not remove it
entirely but I do think the obvious case you list shouldn't be the
default one.

Lastly:

I'm assuming the final result is that the table is actually being
parsed correctly despite the ugly message?

Indeed, the ThunderX2 PPTT table is being parsed so that topology shown
in lstopo and lscpu is correct.

Hi Tomasz,

Can you share the lscpu output? Does it have cluster info? I did not think that lscpu has a concept of clustering.

I would say that the per-cpu cluster index sysfs entry needs be added to drivers/base/arch_topology.c (and other appropiate code under GENERIC_ARCH_TOPOLOGY) to support this.

Thanks,
John

Thanks,
Tomasz