To throw additional information (or confusion or simply wrong stuff?) in :

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Michael H. Warfield" w
rote:
>       I have been unable to find any documentation in the RFCs
>which lay claim to restricting 128.0.*.* or 191.255.*.*.  The fact

RFC1940, though it's "only" informational, bottom of page 7  :
--- snip ---
      Source Route (variable)

         The components of the source route are syntactically IP
         addresses.

         An IP address from network 128.0.0.0 is used to encode a next
         hop that is a domain.  The least significant two octets contain
         the DI, which is an Internet Autonomous System number.
--- snip ---

        Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                              Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
G.A.M.S GmbH                                  Fax : +43 1 8958499-60

PGP signature