Hi Maxime,

Dne torek, 05. december 2017 ob 11:36:18 CET je Maxime Ripard napisal(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 07:05:23AM +0100, Jernej Skrabec wrote:
> > Current DE2 driver is very basic and uses a lot of magic constants since
> > there is no documentation and knowledge about it was limited at the time.
> >
> > With studying BSP source code, deeper knowledge was gained which allows
> > to improve mainline driver considerably.
> >
> > At the beginning of this series, some code refactoring is done as well
> > as adding some checks (patches 1-15).
> >
> > Further patches add multi-plane support with HW scaling and all possible
> > RGB formats (patches 16-21).
> >
> > At last, support for YUV formats is added (patches 22-26).
> >
> > At the end, I included patch which puts lowest plane before second lowest.
> > This should help testing VI planes when mixer has configuration 1 VI plane
> > and 1 or more UI planes (most SoCs except V3s).
> >
> > This code was developed on H3, but it should work on every SoC if correct
> > configuration structure is provided.
> >
> > H3 code can be found here:
> > https://github.com/jernejsk/linux-1/commits/de2_impr_for_next
>
> Thanks a lot for that huge rework.
>
> I've applied the patches 1 to 26, and will push them to drm-misc once
> the compilations are done.
>
> In the future, if you happen to do such a huge rework again (which
> hopefully won't be needed :)), please use the -M option of
> format-patch. It will reduce a lot the verbosity of files renaming and
> will help the review.

Noted.

I think I missed initialization of min_scaler and max_scaler in
sun8i_vi_layer_atomic_check() in sun8i_vi_layer.c when I was reworking
patches.

Will you fix patch with those two lines
min_scale = DRM_PLANE_HELPER_NO_SCALING;
max_scale = DRM_PLANE_HELPER_NO_SCALING;

or should I send new patch which fixes that or should I send new version of
original patch?

Best regards,
Jernej