On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 03:01:59PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> As Dave Miller pointed out, DEV_MAC_HID sysctl conflicts with the RAID patches

That's right but OTOH I'd simply declare the sysctl-by-number interface dead
for new introduced sysctl. We need to preserve backwards compatibility of
course but that's not a problem. I'd preferred if we killed it completly (just
providing backwards compatibility) during the 2.4.x cycle. Only reliable
way to use new sysctl is sysctl-by-name IMHO.

Andrea