On Sun 2018-02-11 11:42:47, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

> >> Quite easy, yeah.  Crossgrading userspace is not for the faint of the
> >> heart,
> >> but changing just the kernel is fine.
> >
> > ISTR that iscsi doesn't work when running a 64-bit kernel with a 32-bit
> > userspace. I remember someone offered kernel patches to fix it, but I think
> > they were rejected. I haven't messed with that stuff in many years, so
> > perhaps the userspace side now has accommodation for it. It might be
> > something to check on.

It might make sense to retry those patches... if we want people to
move to 64bit kernels, it makes sense to provide complete emulation
for 32bit distros...

> At the risk of suggesting heresy, should we consider removing x86_32
> support at some point?

Heresy!

We still support 486s. I don't know if anyone really uses them, but
T40p is an acceptable machine to ssh from. X60 is still the machine I
prefer for traveling. Fast enough if you don't compile, and nicer
keyboard/screen than X220...

                                                                        Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html