On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 05:02:59PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> No. The table is basically excluding families <=5 and a few individual
> ones. Anything newer than that should tell via ARCH_CAP_RDCL_NO and not
> need any entry.

It looks to me like Nick wants 4.9 to test X86_BUG_CPU_MELTDOWN in
kaiser_check_boottime_disable() not X86_VENDOR_AMD. I.e., the auto
disable should pay attention to the CPUs in the table like upstream.

4.9 got the kaiser backports which explains the difference.

IMHO, of course.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.