On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 02:34:01PM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On 14 February 2018 at 14:24, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org>
> > On 14 February 2018 at 13:54, Greg KH <gre...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:38:01AM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> >>> Hi Greg,
> >>> As mentioned by Will, I have created the v4.14 counterpart of his stable
> >>> backport of the arm64/ARM Spectre/Meltdown mitigations that have been
> >>> pulled
> >>> into v4.16-rc1.
> >>> Given that this is the v4.15 version backported to v4.14, I have removed
> >>> any
> >>> mention of 'conflicts' from the commit logs as they are now ambiguous. The
> >>> patches applied surprisingly cleanly, I only needed to drop two patches
> >>> that
> >>> are already in (the same ones Will mentioned in his PR), and drop another
> >>> one
> >>> dealing with SPE, support for which did not exist yet in v4.14. I also
> >>> included
> >>> the patch
> >>> arm64: move TASK_* definitions to <asm/processor.h>
> >>> from v4.15 to make Robin's Spectre v1 patches apply more cleanly.
> >> I've queued these up now, but if you could pull the whole quilt tree and
> >> verify I got things right, that would be great. There was some
> >> conflicts with a few previous patches I had already queued up that
> >> touched some "Falkor" errata code.
> >> Specifically 932b50c7c1c65e6f23002e075b97ee083c4a9e71 "arm64: Add
> >> software workaround for Falkor erratum 1041" is the offending patch. I
> >> think I resolved the merge issues properly, but verifying this would be
> >> wonderful.
> > No, the build is broken now. I will investigate.
> Your patch 977c3d2cb684e143a18e1564fbf5ecf7576a1c98
> arm64: Move post_ttbr_update_workaround to C code
> removes the pre_disable_mmu_workaround macro from asm/assembler.h but
> it should only remove post_ttbr_update_workaround
> Once I add that back, things seem to build and run as expected.
Can you provide a "fixed" version of just this patch so I know to get it