On 14.02.2018 18:50, Richard Weinberger wrote:

hmm, now it works, but only when strace'ing it.
that's really strange.

On my box, with my patch applied, also busybox works now.

hmm, w/o strace, too ?
Which version are you using ? I've got 1.27.2

But still I wonder whether user_ns really solves my problem, as I don't
want to create sandboxed users, but only private namespaces just like
on Plan9.

Well, I'd be surprised if that works out of the box.
Since you're posting on LKML I assumed you're hacking the kernel to support
plan9-alike namespaces...

Yes, that's the plan :)

--mtx

--