Date:        Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:18:42 +0100
   From: Andrea Arcangeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   I'm still left the #ifdef __alpha__ around the context[NR_CPUS] to
   avoid breakage of other archs but that should be probably removed:
   any CPU with per-CPU ASNs like alpha needs per-CPU per-MM context
   information to avoid wasting ASNs when the task migrate CPU or with
   threads.

I would instead suggest to declare 'context' to be of an arch-specific
defined type, much like "thread_struct" is.

For example, I don't need NR_CPUS contexts in the mm_struct on
sparc64, my allocation just works differently, so I shouldn't eat
all the space.

Later,
David S. Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]