On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 03:43:18PM +0200, Tomas Winkler wrote:
>       if (need_locality && chip->ops->relinquish_locality) {
> -             chip->ops->relinquish_locality(chip, chip->locality);
> +             /* this coud be on error path, don't override error code */
> +             int l_rc = chip->ops->relinquish_locality(chip, chip->locality);

All local variable declarations must be in the beginning of the
function.

> +
> +             if (l_rc) {
> +                     dev_err(&chip->dev, "%s: relinquish_locality: error
> %d\n",
> +                             __func__, l_rc);
> +                     rc = l_rc;

Your comment about not overriding error code is incorrect.

The value of 'rc' should be never overridden, which kind of supports
to "just print" behavior that we had for a locality error.

Is your fix somehow dependent on changing relinquish_locality()
behavior? If not, please remove this change. If you want to contribute
such behavioral change, you should make a separate patch of it.

Now it's like a trojan horse bundled inside a bug fix.

/Jarkko