Hi!

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 09:10:00PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > During tethering, I got oops in ssi_stop_tx(), followed by failure of
> > GPRS. I used GPRS tethering a lot with some older kernel, and it was
> > stable for hours.
> >
> > It seems v4.12 has the same problem. In v4.15 usb networking does not
> > work at all, so I can't test... v4.10 seems to have similar problem.
> > (Testing is
> > slighlty tricky, as my internet connection is ... tethering using
> > N900.)
>
> Based on a quick look ssi_stop_tx() is called too many times (i.e. once
> more than ssi_start_tx()). This would appear to be an interal problem
> with the SSI codebase (or whatever lies there; I don't know the current
> codebase).

If I change BUG_ON in ssi_stop_tx() to warning and return, I see the
warning and system survives it.

> Did this work in the past? When? There appear to have been changes in IRQ
> handling some time in 2016...

Actually, I'm not sure any more :-(. I did have tethering running
overnight some time ago, but it was on slower mobile data, and over
wifi.
                                                                        Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html